Why Accept UnionPay?
With UnionPay, you are adding the biggest card brand in China and the world!
- Chinese consumers are demanding acceptance of their card type in the US.
- Today, Chinese tourists come to the US and primarily pay cash. Although nearly 90% of the ATMs in the USA accept UnionPay cards to provide cash, these ATM transactions carry additional cross-border transaction fees that discourage spending.
- Chinese tourists spending with a co-branded UnionPay/Visa/MasterCard card pay an extra 3% currency conversion fee.
- THERE’S NO CURRENCY CONVERSION FEE WHEN YOU ACCEPT UnionPay THROUGH EIRTH.
- Harrods Department Store in London installed 75 UnionPay terminals for their Chinese customers and has since reported a 40% increase in sales to Chinese customers.
UnionPay acceptance for US merchants is our focus and our commitment. We intend to drive merchant visibility, cardholder traffic, create new customers and generate new revenues for our merchants.
UnionPay wants a larger market share in the US. The program is beneficial to merchants of all types by providing opportunity for all merchants the ability to accept UnionPay cards as a form of payment for online transactions.